Having misaligned, crooked, or crowded teeth may make anyone feel self-conscious. You do not have to worry about your misaligned teeth anymore, for there are different approaches in restoring your smile. Clear aligners is one of the treatments that we offer to improve your smile. Eventually, you get straightened teeth, proper function, and a better aesthetic appearance.
What Clear Aligners?
This treatment makes the use of a series of orthodontic appliances to align your crooked or misaligned teeth in their suitable positions. These aligners are customized to provide you with a better fit. The best thing about this treatment is that the aligners stay indistinguishable over your natural teeth. Unlike wired braces, Invisalign and Candid are nearly invisible in appearance.
What Are the Benefits of Clear Aligners?
- The transparent appearance of these aligners makes them a more appealing option over conventional braces. It restores your confidence; you don’t feel hesitant about smiling in public.
- The use of clear aligners is suitable for people of all ages.
- Clear aligners are comfortable to wear as it is compatible with your oral tissues. You can remove your aligners while eating or cleaning.
- It is a convenient method of aligning your teeth as you do not have to make lifestyle changes such as restricting from eating certain food items.
- The treatment is quicker when compared to traditional braces.
- Clear aligners are a cost-effective procedure that saves you money, time, and effort as you do not have to visit our clinic as often.
What Is the Procedure of Clear Aligners?
We will take X-rays
, impressions, and photographs of your teeth to check the severity of misalignment and send these records to the lab. The technicians will input the information and generate a 3D rendering of your teeth. We will check the work and make the required adjustments. Once everything is correct, we will create the trays and fit them in your mouth. Replace these trays every two weeks with the new ones to progress to the next stages of the treatment.
How to Care for Clear Aligners
The best advantage of clear aligners is that, unlike traditional wired braces, it is easy to care for. To clean your aligners, use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Make it a habit to floss regularly after eating and orthodontic treatment to ensure that your oral hygiene is in place.
Rinse your mouth regularly using mouthwash to keep cavities at bay. Protect your aligners from falling as they may crack or break. Remove the aligners before engaging in any physical activities to prevent damage to them.
Please reach out to iTooth Family Dentistry in Springfield, MO, to have a consultation with our dentists, Dr. Robbins or Dr. Fincel. Call us at (417) 883-8515 or schedule an online consultation with Dentist in Springfield MO, and we’ll guide you further.