Having misaligned, crooked, or crowded teeth may make anyone feel self-conscious. You do not have to worry about your misaligned teeth anymore, for there are different approaches in restoring your smile. Invisalign is one of the treatments that we offer to improve your smile. Eventually, you get straightened teeth and a better aesthetic appearance.
What Is Invisalign?
This treatment makes the use of a series of orthodontic appliances to align your crooked or misaligned teeth in their suitable positions. These aligners are customized to provide you with a better fit. The best thing about this treatment is that the aligners stay indistinguishable over your natural teeth. Unlike wired braces, Invisalign is near-invisible in appearance.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
- The transparent appearance of these aligners makes them a more appealing option over conventional braces. It restores your confidence; you don’t feel hesitant about smiling in public.
- The use of Invisalign is suitable for people of all ages.
- Invisalign is comfortable to wear as it is compatible with your oral tissues. You can remove your aligners while eating or cleaning.
- It is a convenient method of aligning your teeth as you do not have to make lifestyle changes such as restricting from eating certain food items.
- The treatment is quicker when compared to traditional braces.
- Invisalign is a cost-effective procedure that saves your money, time, and effort as you do not have to visit our clinic repeatedly.
What Is the Procedure of Invisalign?
We will take X-rays
, impressions, and photographs of your teeth to check the severity of misalignment and send these records to the lab. The technicians will input the information and generate a 3D rendering of your teeth. We will check the work and make the required adjustments. Once everything is right, we will create the trays and fit them in your mouth. Replace these trays every two weeks with the new ones to progress to the next stages of the treatment.
How to Care for Invisalign
The best advantage of Invisalign is that, unlike traditional wired braces, it is easy to take care of. To clean your aligners, use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Make it a habit to floss regularly after eating and orthodontic treatment to ensure that your oral hygiene is in place.
Rinse your mouth regularly using an antibacterial mouthwash to keep cavities at bay. Protect your aligners from falling as they may crack or break them. Remove the aligners before engaging in any physical activities to prevent damage to them.
Please reach out to iTooth Family Dentistry in Springfield, MO, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Robbins. Call us at (417) 883-8515 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.